• Understanding theories of learning, play and development and issues that can impact behaviour
• Understanding of how holistic development, self confidence and emotional literacy are supported by outdoor learning.
• Understanding the ecology of a natural learning environment and the sustainable use of natural resources
• Ability to assess and evaluate outdoor learning programmes
• Ability to teach practical tasks such as the use of hand tools, tying knots, building shelters and campfire management
• Ability to produce all the policies, procedures and strategies required for setting up a Coastal School.
• Understanding the specific impact of weather and tides on the coastal environment
1. Level 3 supporting learning, play and
development in the outdoors
2. Level 3 observation and evaluation of
3. Level 3 sustainable use of natural resources
4. Level 3 teach outdoor practical skills
5. Level 3 Coastal School Leader